You Are What You Eat. You Feel How You Think. Join the Organic Revolution @

Mother Almost Loses Legs Due To This Common Hygiene Habit

You probably don’t want to read this – but doing so could save your legs, or even your life.

Dana Sedgewick is like most women…except for the part where she just nearly lost her legs as a result of something most women do nearly every day: Shaving.

In particular, Sedgewick cut herself while shaving with a brand new razor. Nearly instantaneously, she noticed a developing rash that went from red to black quickly, as a result of a flesh-eating bacterial infection, necrotizing fascittis.

At the hospital, doctors began the fight to remove her rotting skin immediately, but she still developed sepsis and slipped into a coma, at which point she was given only a 30% chance of survival by her doctors.

Her kidney failed, and she experienced heart failure several times – but somehow, she pulled through.

As Sedgewick told the Daily Mail, “Like a lot of women, I tried to keep a tidy bikini line. So I had a quick trim with a new razor, but over the weekend, I felt unwell and noticed a little pimple on my groin which kept bleeding. I didn’t think anything of it as I often got a rash from shaving. Little did I know that this tiny pimple would almost cost me my life.”

Sedgewick spent six weeks recovering in the hospital before her discharge – and in the years that followed, she still required twenty-one different surgeries to regain her legs.

As you can see, narcotizing fasciitis is a nasty problem. Learn more in the video below.

If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Mother Almost Loses Legs Due To This Common Hygiene Habit Reviewed by matt on 14:01:00 Rating: 5