Why Drinking Water First Thing After Waking Has Huge Health Benefits
By now you've probably heard that starting your day with a glass or two of water is good for you. But do you know why?
Frankly, the reasons are almost too many to enumerate, so we're going to stick with the biggest reasons:
1. Drinking water on an empty stomach helps purify the body's internal system. This means the colon gets a good cleanse, which allows your body to more efficiently absorb nutrients from your food.
2. Proper hydration is especially important in fighting disease, and can be influential in preventative medicine as well. This is especially true for high blood pressure, arthritis, asthma, autoimmune disorders, diabetes, and migraines.
3. Chronic unintentional dehydration is a major American health issue - where the body's natural thirst symptoms are often misunderstood as signs and symptoms of other diseases. As a result, the underlying issue - dehydration - is frequently not treated. Starting your day with water every morning can help prevent this from happening.
4. After not drinking anything all night, we all wake up dehydrated. This water treatment helps address that.
5. Starting your day with water can help jump start your metabolism - up to 24% for the first 90 minutes.
6. Proper hydration helps with oxygen flow through your body, which can help reenergize you.
7. Water flushes out toxins, which is important for keeping your kidneys running properly. Adding lemon to your water can help with this.
8. Water helps your brain - which is 75% water! - function properly.
9. Proper hydration helps with diet control.
10. Proper hydration is essential for keeping up your natural immune system - which means staying hydrated keeps you healthier!
So how to best start your day with water?
- Right after waking up, drink 1 8-oz glass of water. This should be done on an empty stomach - don't eat or drink anything else for 45 minutes after drinking your glass of water.
- Have another cup of water 30 minutes before each meal, and another 2 hours after each meal.
- Notice your health improving!
This article was written by Matt Stebbins for Organic and Healthy. If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Why Drinking Water First Thing After Waking Has Huge Health Benefits Reviewed by matt on 17:58:00 Rating: