15 Foods With Almost No Calories and a Ton of Nutrients
If you're looking for ways to meet your dietary needs while limiting calories, that can be pretty difficult.
Fortunately, we're here with a list of 15 organic foods that are low-calorie while also being nutrient-rich!
Check out the full list below, in alphabetical order:
- Apples. At 52 calories per 100 grams, apples pack a nutritious punch, as they're loaded in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. After all, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away!"
- Asparagus. Asparagus is loaded with nutrients - the list goes on and on. There aren't many calories in each serving, either.
- Broccoli. Another underappreciated superfood, broccoli also adds only 34 calories per 100 grams.
- Brussel sprouts. Not only are they jam-packed with nutritious goodies, but they also add only 43 calories per 100 grams.
- Cabbage. An amazingly versatile vegetable, cabbage also adds only 25 calories per 100 grams.
- Carrots. In addition to being great for your eyes, carrots also offer only 41 calories per 100 grams.
- Cauliflower. In addition to being great for you, cauliflower has the added advantage of only 25 calories per 100 grams.
- Celery. Strange but true: You may burn more calories chewing celery than you take in, as 100 grams of celery contains only 16 calories!
- Cucumber. Like celery, you're mostly taking in water when you eat cucumber, and at only 16 calories per 100 grams, they're certainly low-calorie.
- Kale. An amazing superfood, it also only packs 49 calories per 100 grams.
- Mushrooms. While mushrooms vary in caloric count, they're almost all pretty low-calorie foods, and they can be a great source of protein and more.
- Onions. In addition to all the great flavor onions can add to almost any dish, they also offer only 40 calories per 100 grams.
- Oranges. You likely know oranges are loaded with vitamin C, but did you know they only pack 47 calories per 100 grams.
- Watermelon. A great way to rehydrate on a hot summer day, watermelon can also satisfy that dessert urge - and only packs 30 calories per 100 grams.
- Zucchini. In addition to only adding 17 calories per 100 grams, zucchini can make great pasta if you want to go that route!
What an incredible list!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
15 Foods With Almost No Calories and a Ton of Nutrients Reviewed by matt on 02:19:00 Rating: