The Fat-Burning Sweet Potato Muffins You Can Eat for Breakfast (100% gluten-free!)
Around here, we're a big fan of muffins - but we especially love these tasty sweet potato muffins, which in addition to being delicious also have the advantage of helping you burn fat!
Check out the great recipe below!
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 ℉ and lightly oil a 12-hole muffin tray.
- When the oven reaches the right temperature, poke holes in your sweet potato and place it on the middle rack of the oven to cook for about 60 minutes, or until it is very soft. Once it’s cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Once the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, scrape the flesh from the skin and place the pulp in a mixing bowl. You can discard the skin, or eat it as a quick snack. The skin is actually packed with a lot of the same vitamins as the rest of the sweet potato.
- Add the olive oil, almond milk, and maple syrup to the sweet potato and mix until it creates a smooth mixture. In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients together until well combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the rest of the sweet potato and combine until everything is uniform.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling the spaces until ¾ of the way full. Place them on the middle rack and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife in inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Note: If for some reason you don't like sweet potato, substituting pumpkin is also quite tasty, though the resulting health benefits aren't quite as good
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
The Fat-Burning Sweet Potato Muffins You Can Eat for Breakfast (100% gluten-free!) Reviewed by matt on 07:17:00 Rating: