Gluten-Free Lemon Pound Cake with Maple Syrup, 3 Types of Coconut, and No Dairy at All
Want a luscious Paleo dessert that’s a take on a beloved classic? Try this fluffy and soft lemon pound cake bursting with lemon flavor!
In addition to the sour citrus flavor we all love, this recipe is made with all things coconut. Coconut in all its glory and various forms has won over the hearts of many health-conscious, dairy-free people. From coconut milk to coconut oil to coconut butter, this tropical fruit keeps finding new ways to surprise us, and satisfy our needs and our health.
This take on your traditional lemon loaf is perfect for dessert, breakfast, or snacks!
Tips for best results
- To get the best results, use pastured eggs (for maximum rising power) and quality coconut flour (should be fine-textured and cream colored, not white).
- Make sure to get a loaf pan that’s the correct size. A standard loaf pan will make a cake that won’t rise as high, so use a pan that’s 7.5” by 3.5”.
- Don’t forget coconut butter — it has lots of healthy coconut fats, while the maple syrup adds a delicious natural sweetness.
- You’ll be surprised at how quickly and easily this cake comes together. Just one bowl for the cake, one for the icing, then bake, and you’re done!
It’s a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth on any occasion!
Lemon Pound Cake with Coconut Butter Glaze
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, for glaze
- 2 T maple syrup, for glaze
- 2 T lemon juice, for glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 7.5” by 3.5” loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
- Slice and enjoy.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Gluten-Free Lemon Pound Cake with Maple Syrup, 3 Types of Coconut, and No Dairy at All Reviewed by matt on 01:29:00 Rating: