Fried Green Quinoa Cakes with Avocado Dip
Yup, fried! Delicious - and healthy - check out this amazing recipe you and your friends just won't be able to get enough of!
Quinoa Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of uncooked organic sprouted quinoa, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 handful of baby spinach, kale, boc choy or swiss chard finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- Coconut Oil 1 tsp (optional)
- blacka pepper & salt to taste
Avocado Dip Ingredients
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. chopped oregano
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, prepare avocado dip combining all ingredients. Set aside.
- Add your quinoa to a saucepan. Cover with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low covered. As soon as water is absorbed, turn off heat, and leave the lid off, as this will keep more moisture in the quinoa, making it a bit sticky. You do not want your quinoa to be soft and fluffy; you want it to be sticky, so the balls will stay together.
- At the same time steam one whole, peeled, and cubed sweet potato. Be careful not to overcook - you don't want sweet potato mush. Let cool.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the quinoa, along with the spinach, green onion, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Using a wooden spoon, thoroughly combine ingredients. If you find that it is not binding well, add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Roll into equal size balls. If you make them too large, they will fall apart during the cooking process.
- Put coconut oil in a deep frying pan and heat up on medium heat. Once it's good and hot place quinoa balls in pan. Let them get golden brown before flipping. Flipping early will result in your balls falling apart, so be patient.
Delicious! Enjoy with friends!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Fried Green Quinoa Cakes with Avocado Dip Reviewed by matt on 07:47:00 Rating: