Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon, and Maple Syrup
We all love muffins, but given how much sugar and other nonsense they sometimes contain, it's hard not to feel guilty eating them. Fortunately, with this anti-inflammatory recipe, you don't need to!
Sweet potatoes in particular are fantastic for you, as they're filled with beta-carotene. Check out the recipe below!
Flourless Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- 3 organic free range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp of ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and place on middle rack – cook for 60 minutes (or until soft).
- Remove sweet potato from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the sweet potato from the skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Discard the skin or eat it as a snack – it contains a lot of the same vitamins as the insides!
- Add olive oil, coconut milk and maple syrup to the sweet potato and mix until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan and fill each tin until ⅔ full.
- Cook in the oven on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes (or until an inserted knife in the middle of the muffin comes out clean).
Enjoy - guilt free!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon, and Maple Syrup Reviewed by matt on 09:07:00 Rating: