3 Turmeric Super-Drink Recipes In Under 5 Minutes!
Turmeric is a nutritional superhero that has rightfully garnered a lot of attention this year. The herb, native to South Asia, has been used as a natural healer for centuries!
Here are some of its incredible benefits:
- Kills cancer cells
- Improves digestion
- Relieves arthritis symptoms
- Moderates insulin levels
- Reduces high cholesterol
- Contains antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that fight infections and boost immunity
- Supports brain health
- Detoxifies the liver
- Improves blood circulation
- Proven to be as effective as Prozac in managing depression
- Helps and exfoliates the skin
Now that we’ve recapped the extraordinary benefits of this powerful herb, let’s put it to work. Here are 3 tasty turmeric drink recipes that you can cook up right away!
#1. Turmeric “Liquid Gold” Latte
- 1 cup almond, cashew or coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- When mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat and whisk to create foam.
- Continue whisking until the foam is as frothy as you like.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
#2. Turmeric Tea In Three
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Combine milk and water in a saucepan and warm for 2 minutes.
- Add in the other ingredients and let heat for an additional 2 minutes and stir.
- Pour into your favorite mug and sip when ready!
#3. The Coconut-Turmeric Tonic
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or 2 inch knob of fresh turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Blend together coconut water, turmeric and ginger root.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sleeve into a cup of jar.
- Add the other ingredients and stir.
- Enjoy with a meal to promote nutrient absorption!
Turmeric has been proven to be just as if not more effective than many medications that are prescribed on a regular basis. It offers all of the benefits with none of the chemicals or questionable side effects. Talk about a nutritional powerhouse!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
3 Turmeric Super-Drink Recipes In Under 5 Minutes! Reviewed by matt on 16:55:00 Rating: