The world’s healthiest butter chicken with turmeric, ginger and coconut oil
The Paleo way of life isn’t meant to restrict, as you can see from this lovely recipe for butter chicken.
All the unhealthy ingredients have been replaced and healthy ingredients have been substituted for healthy benefits. Be adventurous with your vegetable component for your meal. Try to include okra, zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin, eggplant and Asian water spinach. Cauliflower can be substituted for “rice, chili” but broccoli “rice” is a popular hit or you can try a mixture of each.
Did You Know?
- Paleo-style butter chicken contains a wealth of antioxidant-rich spices and healthy fats
- You can change up the flavor by adding vegetables of your choice, including eggplant, zucchini, asparagus and pumpkin
- Serve it alongside healthy cauliflower or broccoli “rice”
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 large onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
1 to 2 pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 400 ml can coconut cream
700 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the garlic and spices. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, coconut cream and mix well.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and stir until well coated with the sauce.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve with the cauliflower rice.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place the chopped cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower has reduced into tiny pieces – the same size as grains of rice (or chop by hand with a sharp knife).
In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and lightly cook the cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve it where you would normally have rice – so much healthier for you and what I love is that it take a quarter of the time to cook!
You can add chili, other spices, seeds, nuts, herbs, meats, seafood, vegetables, sauces, etc.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
The world’s healthiest butter chicken with turmeric, ginger and coconut oil Reviewed by Jamm Real on 15:36:00 Rating: