RECALL ALERT: Company Recalls Dog Food After Dog Dies


Dog food has always been a product that should be carefully inspected. Especially after the  recent death of one K-9.


Nikki Mael was the owner of a pug who passed away from a death caused by the dog food he had eaten. She is actually the owner of four dogs and they all becaome violently sick after ingesting a can of wet food. Unfortunatey one did not make it. 

“I fed them one can and within 15 minutes, they were acting drunk, walking around, they couldn’t … they were falling over,” said Mael, “So I grabbed them all and I took them to the emergency vet and when I got them there when they were limp. They weren’t moving or anything.”





By the following morning, one of her pugs, Talula, would be dead.

The incident has sparked an extensive investigation by the company that produced the dog food Nikki used: Evanger, an Illinois-based producer behind the “Hunk of Beef Au Jus” brand.

Few could anticipate the results of their investigation: inside the dog food designed to nourish pets was pentobarbital, a chemical used to euthanize animals.

A massive recall was immediately issued by the company—a first in its 82-year history—applicable to all Hunk of Beef products produced during the same week as the poisoned can.

The 15 states were affected: Washington, California, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, George, and Florida.The lot numbers believed to be affected are: 1816E03HB, 1816E04HB, 1816E06HB, 1816E07HB, and 1816E13HB. All suspected tainted products were manufactured in June 2016.

“We continue to investigate how this substance entered our raw material supply,” said a spokesperson for Evanger, “All [our] suppliers of meat products are USDA approved. This beef supplier provides us with beef chunks from cows that are slaughtered in a USDA facility.”

Here is a video to watch explaining the recall:






If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
RECALL ALERT: Company Recalls Dog Food After Dog Dies RECALL ALERT: Company Recalls Dog Food After Dog Dies Reviewed by Jamm Real on 16:56:00 Rating: 5
Copyright Organic & Healthy 2016. Powered by Blogger.