Here's How to Make Your Own Cannabis Capsules and Never Take Another Pain Pill Again!
By now you're well aware that cannabis can be a great, natural medication - but may not know the best way to use it. We're here to tell you how you can make your own cannabis capsules!
Not only do not need a pipe, or to inhale smoke, but the familiar act of taking a pill also makes this more socially acceptable. Read on to learn how to make these pills yourself!
Ingredients (for a batch of approximately 50 pills)
- 5.5 g of cannabis (Buds are more potent, but trim is fine. Adjust this amount to increase or decrease potency.)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- “00” size gelatin capsules (you can find at health food stores or online)
- Cap-M-Quik Capsule filling machine (faster and easier than doing them one at a time!)
- Tapered 10ml Syringe (to fill the capsules without spills)
- Crock Pot (a smaller size is ideal, as long as it has a warm setting)
- Small Food Processor (makes the process faster than a grinder or by hand)
- Baking Sheet or Cookie Sheet
- 2 Small microwave-safe containers
- Aluminum foil
- Rubber Bands
- Rubber Gloves
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees, and plug in your crock pot, set to low. These will both take a while to heat up.
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent buds from sticking
- Grind your buds finely so they cook more evenly.
- Place buds evenly on baking sheet and place in oven for 1 hour.
- Measure 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Coconut oil and add it to the crock pot.
- Remove the dried cannabis from the oven and grind again until it is a powder.
- Add ground cannabis to the crock pot, making sure to completely submerge in the coconut oil.
- Cook for 3 hours, though some will say you can leave for longer, as long as the temperature is low.
- Stir every half hour for the first 2 hours, with a metal spoon, (no plastic).
- Set up your Cap-M-Quik according to the directions, and set aside the tamper, which is not needed for liquids.
- Set up 50 capsules in the Cap-M-Quik, making sure not to mix up the tops and bottoms.
- Cut a rectangle of cheesecloth that is twice the size of the opening of the microwave-safe container, plus about 2 inches, and fold in half; this will at as our strainer. Hold in place with rubber bands.
- Turn off crock pot and allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
- Spoon and pour contents of crock pot onto the cheesecloth. Oil will slowly drip through into container. You can let it sit for a few minutes, but don’t let the oil go cold.
- Remove rubber bands without letting cheesecloth fall into oil, and lift up. Bring ends together and squeeze out as much remaining oil as possible. Oil may still be very warm! It is a good idea to wear rubber gloves, to keep the mess off your hands.
- Throw out the leftover bud. It has no usable properties left.
- Use the syringe to load the oil into the capsules, being careful not to overfill. If it gets clogged, squirt it back into the container; don’t make a mess over the capsules.
- Close the capsules according to the directions in the kit. You should hear then snap tight.
- Refrigerate after making the Canna-Caps, and the oil will turn a lighter color as the coconut oil becomes solid.
- You can carry the Canna-Caps with you wherever needed, as long as they are stored in a light-proof, water-proof container, and the aren’t exposed to excessive heat, such as a hot car in the summer. Refrigerated, they will stay viable for years.
A Few Notes
- The decarboxylation process is vital to getting your THCA converted into the psycho-active THC, but it will produce quite the aroma! Plan smell minimizing techniques accordingly! You can use incense, Ona gel, candles, or even a carbon filter attached to an exhaust fan in your window, like you would in a grow room. The pungent smell will be unmistakable, so use discretion.
- There are some videos on the internet that show simply putting ground up cannabis into pills. This is a waste. Without decarbing your cannabis, you won’t get the maximum effect, as very little THC is naturally found outside the form of THCA in the plant. Using powdered plant material is an inefficient method of absorption, and will give the same user side effects as many other powdered pills you get from health food stores: sour burps, indigestion, trouble on an empty stomach, etc.
- Coconut oil is very healthy, and the types of fats in it allow for the best uptake of the cannabinoids in your bud. It also gives a smoother ingestion, and longer shelf life for the Canna-Caps.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Here's How to Make Your Own Cannabis Capsules and Never Take Another Pain Pill Again! Reviewed by matt on 15:51:00 Rating: