Why Drinking Water First Thing After Waking Has Huge Health Benefits
Ancient Sanskrit medicine teaches water can be amazingly therapeutic. More recent research bears this out.
Usha Paana Chikitsa, which translates to "early morning water treatment," is the ancient Sanskrit principle of beginning every day with water. Drinking water first thing on an empty stomach helps purify and cleanse the colon, making it more able to absorb nutrition, and there are many other health benefits to water as well.
Numerous studies have helped show that water - and regularly drinking enough water, in addition to starting your day with water - can help with high blood pressure, arthritis, asthma, autoimmune disorders, diabetes, and migraines.
Most Americans are chronically dehydrated, and simply drinking enough water can alleviate many problems, especially as our body's thirst can be mistaken as signs and symptoms of other more serious problems.
This is our suggestion for helping fix your likely chronic dehydration; you'll feel better in no time!
1. First thing upon waking, drink 1 8-oz glass of water (preferably fluoride-free). Do this on an empty stomach.
2. Do not eat or drink anything else for 45 minutes, to give the water a chance to get into your system.
3. Drink another cup of water 30 minutes before each meal, and again 2 hours after each meal.
Japanese Medical Society guidelines suggest you can see digestive improvement in 10 days, and blood pressure improvement in 30 days.
In particular, drinking water first thing has the following benefits:
1. It jump starts your metabolism by 20% or more for up to 90 minutes.
2. After sleeping, your body wakes up dehydrated; drinking water first thing helps with muscle development, blood flow, and oxygen transfer to your blood, all of which can help energize you.
3. Drinking water helps flush toxins, as proper hydration is essential for good kidney function. Adding lemon to your water first thing can also help, as lemon helps encourage urination, to better flush those toxins.
4. Proper hydration is essential for good brain function, as the brain is 75% water.
5. Proper hydration helps encourage less eating; one study showed people who drink water before every meal lost 4.5 pounds in a three-month study, as water helps you feel full.
6. Water is also key to keeping your immune system healthy, as hydration is essential to the lymphatic system. Dehydration has been linked in numerous studies to increased cortisol levels, stress, and sickness.
With all the benefits better hydration can offer, why wouldn't you start your day with a glass of water?
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Why Drinking Water First Thing After Waking Has Huge Health Benefits Reviewed by matt on 23:09:00 Rating: