They Said Apple Cider Vinegar is Great for You, BUT This is What they Didn’t Tell You
By now you're probably well aware that Apple Cider Vinegar can be used in a wide variety of ways. We're here because we doubt, however, that you know just how many ways ACV can be great for you!
Research worldwide supports and commends what Hippocrates found and treated his patients with in 400 B.C. He discovered that natural, undistilled Apple Cider Vinegar is a powerful cleansing and healing elixir – a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria – for a healthier, stronger, longer life!
- ARTHRITIS: Use the cider vinegar and honey treatment for arthritis and also apply cider vinegar externally to painful joints. This entails drinking a glass of water with two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two teaspoons of honey three times a day. Local treatment can also be given by soaking the arthritic hand, or foot in a strong, comfortably hot solution of cider vinegar for ten minutes, two or three times a day – (a quarter of a cup of cider vinegar to one and a half cups of water). Arthritic knees can be attended to by making a poultice – soak the cloth in a mixture of cider vinegar and water, (as per above mixture) wring out and wrap it around the joint, then secure with a dry cloth to retain heat. When the wet cloth cools, it should be wrung out in the hot solution and applied afresh. Repeat several times, twice daily.
- ASTHMA: One tablespoonful of cider vinegar added to a glass of water should be taken in sips for half an hour. After a further half an hour has elapsed the treatment should be repeated. The wheezing should lessen in intensity quite considerably. However, should wheezing still persist a second glass of the same mixture should be taken. Deep breathing exercises are also a beneficial treatment.
- BLOOD LOSS: It has been discussed above how cider vinegar helps in preventing blood losses. In any circumstances where the flow of blood is too free and is too persistent, such as when a person has a nose bleed without any apparent reason, then two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water, three times a day will aid in restoring the natural clotting properties of the blood.
- COLITIS: The cider vinegar and honey treatment has been used effectively in the treatment for colitis. Take the normal dosage of two teaspoons cider vinegar and honey with water, three times a day. An enema of a teaspoonful or more of molasses is also very helpful.
- COUGHS: There are many types of coughs for various reasons, and these should be treated with reference to their nature and intensity. However, the cider vinegar and honey treatment will prove an efficacious treatment in this respect. Two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey mixed with a glassful of water should be taken before meals, or when the irritation occurs. In the evening it would be an idea to have this mixture by your bed so that it can be sipped during the evening if an attack presents itself.
- DIARRHEA: It has been mentioned above how cider vinegar helps with the digestion, assimilation and elimination of food, and that it is an antiseptic to the intestines and the whole of the digestive tract. Due to it’s healing properties, diarrhea can be controlled in a very short time, (that is unless some serious physical disorder is apparent). The treatment being, one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in a glass of water should be taken before and in between meals i.e. approximately six glasses during the course of the day. It should be noted, however, that diarrhea is a natural attempt on the part of the body to eliminate some poison which is irritating the digestive tract, on no account should any drugs be taken to suppress these healing symptoms – on the other hand the cider vinegar will lessen the intensity, but will allow the natural course of elimination to take place.
- DIZZINESS: Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar together with two teaspoons of honey in a glass of hot or cold water three times a day should help this annoying occurrence quite considerably. However, one should never expect instant results, as nature works slowly, yet very effectively. You will notice a lessened intensity whilst you progress.
- EAR DISCHARGE: The treatment for this complaint, which usually occurs during childhood is: one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in a glass of water to be taken mid morning and mid afternoon. The discharge should shortly disappear.
- ECZEMA: Take the usual dosage of cider vinegar and honey in a glassful of water three times a day, with meals. An application of well diluted cider vinegar can also be applied to the skin several times daily i.e. one teaspoonful to half a cup of water. Under no circumstances should salt be taken, as this aggravates the eczema condition considerably. There is usually a potassium deficiency in those people suffering from eczema.
- EYES (TIRED AND SORE): The apple cider vinegar therapy together with honey is the essential ingredients here. Two teaspoons of each taken in a glassful of water, three times a day. This mixture retards the onset of tired and sore eyes which are usually apparent in later life, as it supplies them with those vital elements essential to their health and functioning.
- FATIGUE: Chronic fatigue is a warning that the body needs some attention. Most people suffering from chronic fatigue do not have enough good, sound sleep. Either they go to bed too late, or they are one of those people who just need more sleep than most. It is better to get as many hours in bed before midnight as possible. To remedy a poor quality sleep, honey is highly recommended, as it acts as a sedative to the body. Twenty minutes after the honey has been taken into the mouth it has been digested and absorbed into the body. This is because it is a predigested sugar, which has been digested in the stomach of the honey bee, and therefore requires no effort on the part of the human stomach for digestion. Keep the following mixture by your bedside to be taken as indicated: three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of honey. Take two teaspoons of the mixture before retiring. This should induce sound sleep within an hour, if however, you have been unable to sleep within this period repeat the dosage.
- FOOD POISONING: As mentioned earlier there have been many cases where people who were in the habit of taking cider vinegar regularly never suffer any side effects from food poisoning. The cider vinegar has an antiseptic quality which seems to render noxious food harmless.
- HAIR LOSS: The falling out of hair is primarily due to a tissue salt deficiency, thus cider vinegar with its ‘wonder products’ will re-establish a natural balance, and supply the deficiencies where needed. Therefore, by taking the cider vinegar treatment the hair will maintain its natural growth. It will cease to fall out and grow more rapidly and thickly. This will take approximately two months, so perseverance is needed. The dosage is one teaspoonful of cider vinegar to a glass of water to be taken with or between meals. Cider vinegar can also be used externally for the treatment of dandruff, see under heading of External Treatments.
- HAY FEVER: This ailment is marked by watery eyes, sneezing and running nose, in other words there is an excess of fluid which the body is drastically trying to offload. For an effective relief, honey and cider vinegar should be utilized which will bring excellent results. A tablespoonful of honey should be taken after each meal for approximately a fortnight before the onset of the hay-fever season. The ordinary dosage of cider vinegar and honey should then be taken viz: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water, three times a day. This dosage should be maintained during the entire hay-fever season.
- HEADACHES: There are several types of headache, caused by various reasons. Some are associated with organic disorders, such as kidney troubles, others are known as psychogenic, or tension headaches. Then we have the most annoying of all; the migraine headache. Many people have had relief from headaches by the use of honey. Two teaspoons taken at each meal may well prevent an attack. Another effective means is to take apple cider vinegar. Equal parts of cider vinegar and water should be placed in a small basin on the stove, allowing it to boil slowly. When the fumes begin to rise from the basin lean your head over it until the fumes are comfortably strong. Inhale for approximately 50 to 80 breaths. Generally this alleviates the headache considerably, if not entirely.
- HEARING: (Impaired) The treatment of impaired hearing has had excellent results on the apple cider vinegar therapy. Take the normal dosage three times daily and notice the improvement.
- HEARTBURN: This usually occurs after eating, sometimes up to two hours later. This very unpleasant feeling can be alleviated by taking the usual dosage of cider vinegar and water before meals.
- HEMORRHAGES: As previously pointed out cider vinegar helps the blood to clot more easily. When a person who regularly drinks cider vinegar cuts himself, the wound will dry up almost instantaneously, as there will be no profuse bleeding. If, however, wounds do not heal quickly, the following procedure should be undertaken; two teaspoons of cider vinegar taken in half or a whole glass of water at mealtimes as well as in between, therefore six glasses in all are imbibed. For extra efficiency a very weak solution of cider vinegar with water can be applied to the sore, wound or cut. Poultices of cider vinegar (see instructions under the heading Arthritis) can be applied to a stubborn open wound.
- HICCOUGHS (HICCUPS): These have been known to be eradicated by drinking a teaspoon of cider vinegar neat! Alternatively cider vinegar with water can be taken before mealtimes to prevent this occurrence.
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: There are a number of reasons why a person suffers from this common yet serious condition. As mentioned earlier, health will be maintained only if one is prepared to adjust his living and eating habits. Cider vinegar is not the cure-ail of man’s suffering, it is only one of the many means towards a healthier and happier life. In the case of High Blood Pressure, one’s eating habits must be taken stock of to ensure a speedy and effective recovery. Emphasis is on the natural, organically grown foods which are given to us in the form of fresh fruits, vegetables and honey – rather than the high protein foods which include eggs, meat, milk, cheese, nuts, beans etc. A balance must be maintained between the proteins and carbohydrates and one should definitely not over indulge on these protein and starchy foods. Wheat products should also be eliminated completely, together with salt which is very detrimental to the health, especially for those suffering from high blood pressure. The following dosage should be taken daily: two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water – up to three to four times a day.
- INSOMNIA: There are also a number of causes as to why people suffer from insomnia; however, there have been excellent results with the cider vinegar and honey treatment as follows: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water to be taken before retiring. It would also be beneficial to have a glass of this mixture by the bedside to sip if needed. Under no circumstances should drugs be resorted to, as these are both harmful and habit-forming. Under severe cases, a naturopath or homeopath should be consulted. If has been found that the prime cause of insomnia is due to a deficiency of phosphate of potash and phosphate of iron; this combination can be found in the biochemic salt known as kali phos, which can be obtained from your local health shop.
- KIDNEYS AND BLADDER: Due to the eliminative nature of cider vinegar, the kidneys and bladder can benefit tremendously by a ‘flushing’, which they receive when the following cider vinegar therapy is undertaken: two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water six times a day. It would be beneficial to drink a couple of glasses of water in the morning, taking one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in each drink. Comfrey tea, first thing in the morning with a teaspoon of cider vinegar will also create a sufficient cleansing action. Inflammation of the kidneys, called pyelitis, in which pus cells are present in the urine, will generally clear up with the above-mentioned treatment.
- MENSTRUATION: Chronic pains and profuse menstruation has afflicted women for centuries. The cider vinegar therapy certainly regulates and normalizes profuse bleeding. The dosage should be as normal i.e. two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glassful of water three times a day. The diet should also be taken into consideration, as a high animal protein diet together with wheat products will cause considerable pain when the periods begin. In other words moderation should be used if one is partaking of these foods. However, meat, poultry, fish and wheat should be completely eliminated from the diet, together with the other unnatural foods of which man is so prone. A noticeable improvement will be experienced when the diet is kept to the fresh raw fruits and fresh salads, together with the apple cider vinegar therapy. Also plenty of water should be taken whilst menstruating, as this helps in a speedy elimination.
- MUCOUS DISCHARGES: Postnasal drips and watery eyes are also due to a faulty diet, here again this should be thoroughly investigated, as the body is eliminating excessive mucous caused by the wrong types of food. This is often caused by a lack of potassium in the diet too, hence the cider vinegar therapy will help considerably. The usual dosage as prescribed above should be taken three times a day before meals. Wheat should be eliminated from the diet completely and rye and corn products should be substituted, if required.
- NAIL PROBLEMS: Brittle, cracking, fragile and thin nails are a sign of some deficiency and faulty metabolism in the body. Cider vinegar has been known to remedy this particular complaint, with the results of healthy, strong nails. Also any white spots which were present on the nails previously will be eliminated. Dosage being: two teaspoons in a glassful of water three times a day.
- NERVOUSNESS: There have been cases where nervousness has been remedied with the cider vinegar and honey treatment. In this instance a glassful of water mixed with two teaspoons of each i.e. cider vinegar and honey to be taken three times a day. Refined flour and sugar products should be completely eliminated from the diet, together with wheat products. One should also cut down on the starch and high protein foods as much as possible and eat plenty of fresh salads and fruit.
- NOSE BLEED: As an excessive nose bleed is caused by the blood being unable to clot as it should normally, the cider vinegar treatment will prove efficacious in this respect i.e. two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glassful of water three times daily.
- NOSE – STUFFY: In this respect the cider vinegar can be used as an inhalant. Use as per method described under the heading Headaches. The nasal passages will shortly clear after having inhaled the vapor. This treatment is very effective in removing the congestion in the sinuses, together with any inflammation which may result from this excessive accumulation of mucous.
- SHINGLES: Cider vinegar relieves the pain arising from shingles if applied, undiluted, six times daily to the area of distress. It also promotes the healing. Take internally as well as prescribed above.
- SORE THROAT: To treat this, one should gargle with apple cider vinegar. One teaspoonful of vinegar in a glass of water is the dosage to be used. A mouthful of this solution is gargled every hour, and the second mouthful after gargling should be swallowed. This is to be repeated every hour until the condition of the throat is improved.
- TEETH: Due to cider vinegar improving the calcium metabolism of the body, it is excellent for improving the condition of the teeth. Tartar deposits can also be eradicated by using the cider vinegar as a mouthwash and by brushing your teeth with it to enhance the whiteness. For the mouthwash, one teaspoonful of cider vinegar should be added to a glassful of water – repeat this procedure each night until the required results are achieved. This habit, together with the drinking of cider vinegar will prevent tooth decay quite considerably. The mouthwash can also be used for sore gums, or ulcerated gums – be sure that the solution is not too strong in this case, as it will slightly sting an open sore.
- VARICOSE VEINS: Apply undiluted cider vinegar to the area where the veins are affected. This should be undertaken in the morning and evening. Massage well – always directed towards the heart e.g. as in the case of the legs, start from the ankles and move in upward strokes towards the thigh. Cider vinegar and honey should also be taken three times a day, i.e. two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey mixed with a glassful of water.
- WEIGHT GAIN: As cider vinegar supplies those organs of the body which are deficient in some mineral and normalizes the functioning of these organs, those who are underweight will find that cider vinegar will help in normalizing their weight. In this instance the following dosage should be adhered to: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water three times a day.
- WEIGHT LOSS: (Also see Obesity) Cider vinegar will gradually decrease the weight of the body, as it tends to make the body burn up the fat instead of storing it. Some people have had results by just taking the cider vinegar without adjusting their eating habits. However, it is recommended that one should concentrate on the LIVE FOODS, rather than continue to live on the devitalized diet which is so prevalent today. The cider vinegar method, as mentioned under Obesity should be utilized three times daily.
The skin is a very important part of the body, as it is the major organ of elimination. Besides being an effective eliminator the skin also absorbs substances into the body. In view of this fact it is very important to understand that we should be very careful with what we place on the skin. Unnatural substances such as cosmetics, which contain chemicals are very detrimental to the skin health. This is also true for the commercial soap we use for washing the body. The skin needs an acid mantle to maintain its lustre and glow – however, due to the extreme alkalinity of soap reacting on the skin, this causes a number of disorders. Soap also contains animal fats and hormones, synthetic perfumes and preservatives; therefore, it should not be used to cleanse the body.
However, cider vinegar is an effective method of cleansing the body. A hand bath or a full bath can be taken in cider vinegar and water. A hand bath should be preceded as follows: to half a glass of warm water should be added one teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar. Cup the palm of the hand and pour in approximately a palmful of the mixture. First apply to the arms and shoulders, rubbing the solution into the skin briskly. The legs and feet can be done in the same manner, together with the body. A brisk rubbing action should be used to massage the cider vinegar solution into the skin. You will soon find that the solution has been completely absorbed by the skin, therefore, no towelling down is needed.
- FOR A BATH: Instead of using soap, add a half pint of apple cider vinegar to the water and remain submerged in the water for at least fifteen minutes so that the skin surface of the body may have a chance to absorb some of the acid water. This is extremely important for those people who have an alkaline skin; this condition will be indicated by those people who continually suffer from skin irritation, and they are forever scratching their skin.
- ITCHY SCALP: Take one teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glassful of water – dip your comb into the solution and comb the hair thoroughly until saturated. This should be performed fifteen minutes or so before actually washing the hair. This treatment also helps with the elimination of dandruff.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
They Said Apple Cider Vinegar is Great for You, BUT This is What they Didn’t Tell You Reviewed by matt on 12:36:00 Rating: