The Secret Tips For Cooking With Coconut Flour Everyone Should Know Before Baking
While coconut milk and coconut oil have gained widespread acceptance as healthier alternatives, coconut floor hasn't quite caught on the same way yet. We're here to tell you why coconut flour is more than worth looking into!
Coconut flour can replace whole wheat, all-purpose, or other flours, adds great flavor, and is additionally gluten-free, so if you have celiac disease or otherwise sensitive to gluten, coconut flour can be a fantastic option.
Coconut flour is made from fresh-pressed coconut meat; the milk is removed, oils extracted, and the meat is grated down to flour. As a result, coconut flour tends to be sweeter, and a bit more powdery. It's also super healthy - a single cup of coconut flour contains 44 g of fiber and 20 g of protein!
As coconut flour is super absorbent, you have to experiment and add it in small amounts until you find what works for you. Oftentimes you may find your final product comes out a bit more cake-like - but what a great texture!
If you're not ready to just jump in, try the recipe for coconut flour chocolate chip cookies below:
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and eggs until a uniform batter is created. The batter will start off a bit runny, but will thicken as the coconut flour starts to absorb the moisture.
- Add in the chocolate chips, and stir to distribute them evenly.
- Cooking time may vary depend on your oven and elevation.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
The Secret Tips For Cooking With Coconut Flour Everyone Should Know Before Baking Reviewed by matt on 15:14:00 Rating: