The Reason Why The Leg Cramps During The Night. How To Stop This Forever!
We've all had painful leg cramps, especially night cramps. These tricks can help!
Dehydration and limited blood flow contribute to night cramps, which can be utterly debilitating. Fortunately, we have a few tricks.
- Eat magnesium. Magnesium-rich foods such as dark greens, veggies, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, dates, dark chocolate, and bananas have all prove effective against cramps.
- Apply magnesium oil to your legs. Make the spray below, apply just before going to bed, and you should see fewer cramps.
- Add vitamin D. The best way to add vitamin D is through sun-exposure, but mushrooms and seafood are also good vitamin D sources.
- Stretch. Stretching helps relax tight muscles and increase blood flow, which can help ease the cramping potential.
- Electrolytes. Some cramps are the result of electrolyte imbalances. Consider the electrolyte drink recipe below.
- Walk. Sometimes walking when you feel a cramp coming on can help with blood flow, and stave the cramp off.
- Massage. Light massage directly to the cramping muscle can also help.
Magnesium spray directions:
- ½ cup magnesium chloride flakes
- ½ cup distilled water
Boil water; once boiling, add magnesium flakes and stir until they dissolve. After magnesium has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool. Put cooled mixture in a spray bottle, and spray 5-10 squirts on each leg before going to bed.
Electrolyte drink recipe:
- 1 qt water
- 6 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- lemon / lime juice to taste
Mix ingredients and drink. Sugar can be replaced with honey for a healthier alternative.
Consider adding the following cramp-reducing foods to your diet today!
- Green leaf veggies
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt
- Sardines and salmon
- Greek yogurt
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
The Reason Why The Leg Cramps During The Night. How To Stop This Forever! Reviewed by matt on 20:39:00 Rating: