Love Makeup But Hate Animal Testing? Check Out These 11 Cruelty-Free Cosmetic Brands.
While makeup may well be your best friend, it's often an animal's worst nightmare, as many cosmetic companies chose to test their products on live animals.
As you can imagine, this can often be incredibly painful for the animals - imagine spraying soap in your eye, and you have some idea what the animals go through.
Fortunately, there are lots of great companies that refuse to treat animals so cruelly, and use ingredients that don't require animal testing, as they've already been proven safe. By using products from one of the companies below, you can guarantee no animal will ever to suffer on behalf of your beauty.
Here are 11 awesome brands you should check out:
1. The Body Shop - in addition to following the Humane Cosmetics Standard, they also self-audit every two years. In 1996, they raised four million signatures on a petition to ban animal testing, and have since won multiple awards, including the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Good Business Award and the RSPCA Lifetime Achievement Award.
2. Lush - the majority of Lush’s products are identified clearly with a “V” as vegan, and all of their products are cruelty-free, as all ingredients come from companies that refuse to test on animals. They also refuse to sell in countries that require animal testing. To learn more about Lush, consider this video. (Caution: It can be a little graphic.)
3. Urban Decay - requires suppliers certify their raw materials cruelty-free and doesn't test on animals. They're also cruelty-free certified by PETA and The Leaping Bunny Program.
4. Beauty Without Cruelty - founded in 1963 by trustees of the Beauty Without Cruelty Charitable Trust, their focus has always been on animal-free products and remains so today.
5. Crazy Rumors - a small Georgia-based company began in 2003, their products are made with organic ingredients and support the couple who founded them, including their rescued cats.
6. Ellovi - their focus on pure and vegan ingredients has led to their (warranted) claim that they produce the best skin care products that happen to be made from plants.
7. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - started by an NYC-based makeup artist, these awesome cosmetics are 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free. Check out their lip tars / concentrated color lip glosses.
8. Pacifica - by focusing on environmentally-friendly and local products, they're 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free.
9. SW Basics - never employing more than five ingredients, most of their products are vegan and all of them are cruelty-free.
10. The Fanciful Fox - selling vegan bath and body products, their products are made in micro batches from high-quality plant ingredients.
11. Emani - 100 percent cruelty-free and vegan, Michelle Doan's products are made with sensitive skin in mind, and are free from any harsh chemicals or additives.
Image source: David O/Flickr
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Love Makeup But Hate Animal Testing? Check Out These 11 Cruelty-Free Cosmetic Brands. Reviewed by matt on 12:38:00 Rating: