How to Make Organic Butter in Under 5 Minutes!
Typical grocery store butter is terrible for you, it doesn't take a nutritionist to come to that simple conclusion. But contrary to popular belief, butter doesn't have to be a bar of fat void of any nutritional value.
The only problem with good organic butter is that it costs a pretty penny. Fortunately we have a recipe that can help you bolster your health without breaking the bank. Trust us, your taste buds will be thanking you.
How to Make Organic Butter
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- sea salt, to taste
- Pour cream into food processor and process for about 10 minutes. It will turn to a thick whipped cream first.
- Continue processing until it turns grainy and separate into butter and butter milk. Drain buttermilk from butter.
- Scrape butter from the sides. Put in a clean bowl. Place your butter into a colander and strain off the buttermilk.
- Rinse the butter with cold water, gently turning the butter with a spoon while the cold water runs over it until the water runs clear.
- When the butter is clean, squeeze more liquid from butter using wooden paddles or spoons to smash butter and pour off liquid.
- You can keep it in a jar or bowl, and store it in the fridge, or the freezer. This type of butter can last for several months before going bad.
You can also make amazing compound butters which kids love. These are some fun combos to try with softened, unsalted butter:
- Lemon zest and snipped parsley
- Snipped fresh Thai basil, chopped garlic, and chopped, drained, pickled ginger
- Crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives
- Grated Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil
- Grated ginger and sesame oil
- Snipped fresh cilantro, lime zest, and Sriracha, or hot sauce
- Coarsely ground black pepper and sea salt
- Orange zest, chopped fresh, or dried cranberries and snipped fresh sage
- Chopped pecans and honey
- Orange zest, maple syrup, and blueberries
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
How to Make Organic Butter in Under 5 Minutes! Reviewed by Jamm Real on 20:05:00 Rating: