How To Completely Detox From Sugar In 10 Days!
While sugar has proven terribly addictive for millions of Americans, and can be terrible for your health, it doesn't have to be. We're here to help you completely detox from sugar in only ten days!
While some research suggests sugar may be as addictive to the human brain as heroin, we're here to help you kick your sugar habit in ten quick steps.
1. Make a decision to detox
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, a sugar detox may be what you need to feel better and lose weight easily.
- Do you have pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes? (90 percent of Americans have not been diagnosed.)
- Do you have belly fat?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you crave sugar and carbs?
- Do you have trouble losing weight on low-fat diets?
- Do you have high triglycerides, low HDL (“good”) cholesterol, or been told your blood sugar is “a little high?”
- Do you eat when you’re not hungry?
- Do you experience a food coma after eating?
- Do you feel bad about your eating habits or avoid certain activities because of your eating?
- Do you get withdrawal symptoms if you cut down or stop eating sugar or flour?
- Do you need more and more of same bad foods just to feel good?
2. Quit immediately
The only way to quit sugar is to quit it immediately - stop eating all forms of sugar, flour products, and artificial sweeteners - which have been liked to slow metabolisms and fat storage. For the next ten days, stick to real, fresh food - if it comes in a box or can or has ingredients you can't pronounce or don't know, avoid it.
3. Don’t drink your calories
Liquid sugar is worse than solid food sugar, as it goes straight to belly fat - you don't feel full after a soda, so you eat more all day. Liquids are the single biggest source of sugar in our diet.
4. Start your day with protein
Protein helps balance blood sugar and reduce cravings, so start your day with eggs or a protein shake; include nuts, seeds, eggs, fish, chicken, or healthy, grass-feed meat for protein in every meal.
5. Eat unlimited good carbs
By good carbs I mean non-starchy vegetables - greens, anything in the broccoli family, asparagus, and so forth. Skip potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, beets, and other starchy veggies for these 10 days, and likewise with grains and beans. You can slowly introduce them back in after the 10 days
6. Replace sugar with good fats
Fat isn't the problem here, not good fats - sugar is. Fat is important for helping you feel full and good bodily function, so include good fats in every meal by including nuts and seeds, extra virgin olive oil, coconut butter, avocados, and omega-3 fats from fish.
7. Have emergency snacks
Often our poor sugar choices are the result of letting our blood sugar crash. Avoid that by keeping good snacks with you. Any of the following are good options:
- Packets of Artisana nut butters and coconut butter
- Almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds
- Salmon jerky or turkey jerky
- A can of wild salmon or sardines
- Unsweetened wild blueberries.
8. Swap distress for de-stress
Stress is bad for you, and messes your hormones up, which can lead to increased fat storage and sugar cravings. Taking deep breathes, though, can activate the vagus nerve and help shift your metabolism from fat storage to fat burning. Simply take five slow deep breaths - in for a five count, out for a five count. Do it five times, before every meal and throughout the day, and feel the stress melting away.
9. Inflammation reduction
Inflammation can lead to blood sugar imbalances and bigger health issues - and the most common inflammatory foods are sugar, flour, and trans fats, followed by food sensitivities (often gluten and dairy). We often crave the food that's worst for us, so quit gluten and dairy for 10 days, too, and see what happens.
10. Get your sleep
Getting less sleep than you need drivers sugar and carb cravings, and getting enough sleep can help prevent overeating. Besides, sleep is good for you!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
How To Completely Detox From Sugar In 10 Days! Reviewed by matt on 19:40:00 Rating: