Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
Perfect for vegetarians or meat eaters, this delicious stew - loaded with healthy fats - will comfort and warm you on cold winter days.
Add chicken or tofu for extra protein if you so desire, or wild rice if you want grains, but regardless, this is a recipe the whole family will enjoy. Click here to view the PDF version.
- 2 tbspn coconut oil
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 med head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 tspn ginger paste
- 1 tbspn cumin powder
- 1 tbspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tspn sea salt
- 2 tbspn chopped cilantro
- In medium stock pot, heat coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir until they begin sputtering. Add onions, cook for another minute. Add tomatoes; stir and cook until tomatoes soften (usually a few minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan, simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
- Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy! Leftover stew can be stored in air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 204 • fat 24 g • saturated fat 20 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 6 g • protein 6 g • carbohydrate 18 g • sodium 588 mg
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing! Reviewed by matt on 18:22:00 Rating: