Apply Apple Cider Vinegar To Your Dog’s Ear The Second You Notice Any Of These Signs Of Infection
Your dog, especially if he has droopy ears, may get ear infections frequently. If they do, though - we have the fix for you!
A simple mixture of apple cider vinegar and distilled water can be used to make your own ear drops, and you can use those drops on your dog.
How to Tell if Your Dog Has an Ear Infection
Watch for the following tell-tale signs your pup may have an ear infection:
- Unpleasant odor coming from ear(s)
- Redness or swelling around the ears
- Constantly scratching at ears
- Shaking or tilting head
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, can can inhibit bacterial growth, and since apple cider vinegar is antibacterial and antifungal, it can be used to deal with both yeast-based ear infections and bacterial ear infections.
I suggest making one batch of these ear drops, storing them in a small air-tight container such as a glass bottle, and then having it ready when you may need it again.
- Small air-tight container (like a glass bottle)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Distilled water
- Ear dropper
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and distilled water
- Use a dropper to put 10 drops of solution into your dog’s ear, being very careful not to place the dropper into the ear canal
- Massage the ear at the base for 20-30 seconds
- Let your dog shake their head
- Gently wipe their ear surrounding area with a towel
Watch for signs of irritation, and if your dog has recurring ear infections, consider the possibility of allergies.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Apply Apple Cider Vinegar To Your Dog’s Ear The Second You Notice Any Of These Signs Of Infection Reviewed by matt on 07:05:00 Rating: