Your Dishwasher Capsules Can be Toxic and Loaded With Cancer Causing Chemicals - Try This Healthy Alternative!
Highly chemical dishwasher tablets are putting you and your family at a greater risk than has been anticipated.
We know the contents are dangerous, we have all seen the box which say “harmful if swallowed” and “burns skin and throat.” Why do people continue to use these poisonous chemicals in their homes?
The following chemicals are common ingredients in laundry detergents:
- Ammonia – Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air causes immediate burning of the eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract and can result in blindness, lung damage or death.
- Coal Tar Dyes – These are made from petroleum distillates. Dyes in cleaning products can be absorbed through the skin or ingested in the case of soap residue on dishes.
- Cocamide dea – A chemically-modified version of coconut oil, which has been identified as a possible carcinogen.
- Chlorine bleach – Chlorine bleach is in cleaning products to such a degree that it is the main cause of household poisoning. Residue left on dishes after washing them is ingested and accumulates in the body. Breathing in the fumes can lead to bronchial issues and asthma.
- DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine) –Diethanolamine is synthesized from ethylene which is used to create that foamy substance you get when mixing the chemical with water. One study has found that high doses of DEA caused liver tumors in animals. It has also been linked to cancer, with a study linking it to the formation of tumours in mice.
- Formaldehyde – Is known to cause severe asthma and allergies.
- SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate)/SLES (sodium laureth sulfate): One of the most commonly used chemicals in products, it is very easily absorbed through the skin and hes been linked to skin rashes, eye irritations and allergic reactions.
- Glycol ethers – Over-exposure to this chemical can cause problems with the eyes and mouth, and anemia, and even low-level exposure to glycol ethers has caused birth defects and damage to sperm and testicles.
- Phosphates – 17 states have passed laws banning the use of phosphates, and accumulation in lakes and rivers have been damaging to fish and other wildlife.
Instead of using chemical-laden laundry detergents, why not try this home-made detergent instead?
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 c. citric acid (where to find)
- 1/4 c. coarse salt
- 10-15 drops of lemon essential oil (where to find)
- Distilled white vinegar
Mix first 3 ingredients well in an air tight container. Add essential oil. Mix again. Fill your rinse aid compartment with undiluted white distilled vinegar.
- Use 1 tsp. detergent for average loads.
- Use 1 tbsp. detergent for extra greasy, dirty loads.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Your Dishwasher Capsules Can be Toxic and Loaded With Cancer Causing Chemicals - Try This Healthy Alternative! Reviewed by C C on 14:32:00 Rating: