These Dryer Sheets Cause Breathing Problems, Hormone Imbalances, Neurotoxicity, & Even Cancer
You might not realize that every time you put a dryer sheet into your laundry you are putting yourself and your family at risk of being exposed to a range of toxic chemicals.
Benzyl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Chloroform and Linalool are all found in most dryer sheets, and they are absorbed through the skin when they come into contact with it. The heat of the dryer compounds the problem as it reacts with the chemicals and makes them easily breathable in the air, causing havoc with neurological signals.
The chemicals used to fragrance dryer sheets are known to be toxic to humans. The have a cargenogenic effect when breathed in, which has been linked to cancer.
An important study by UW professor Dr. Anne Steinemann about fragrances in laundry products and dryer sheets discovered more than 25 VOCs emitted from dryer vents, with highest concentrations of acetaldehyde, acetone, and ethanol (two of which are considered carcinogenic).
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and industry-generated Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) from the 1990s, the following is a list of chemicals in fabric softener products, most in untested combinations. The results concluded that the toxins released from dryer sheets were significant enough to pose a risk.
The dangerous chemicals found in dryer sheets include:
1. Alpha-Terpineol–This chemical has been linked to disorders of the brain and nervous system, loss of muscle control, depression, and headaches
2. Benzyl acetate–Benzyl acetate has been linked to cancer of the pancreas
3. Benzyl alcohol–This upper respiratory tract irritant can cause central nervous system (CNS) disorders, headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and dramatic drops in blood pressure.
4. Chloroform–Neurotoxic, anesthetic and carcinogenic. Really toxic to your brain. Inhaling its vapors may cause loss of consciousness, nausea, headache, vomiting, and/or dizziness, drowsiness.
5. Ethanol– Another fabric softener ingredient which is on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste list and linked to CNS disorders.
6. Ethyl Acetate–causes headaches and is on the EPA Hazardous Waste list
7. Linalool–in studies, this chemical caused loss of muscle coordination, nervous system and brain disorders, and depression
8. Pentane–causes headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, drowsiness, and depression
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
These Dryer Sheets Cause Breathing Problems, Hormone Imbalances, Neurotoxicity, & Even Cancer Reviewed by C C on 13:36:00 Rating: