Delicious, Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies That Are 100% Gluten And Dairy Free
If you're looking for a brownie recipe that tastes like its full of calories, but is actually super healthy, then look no further.
This recipe is unique because it harnesses the unique sweetness of the sweet potato for its flavour, instead of other sugar free alternatives that sometimes have hidden chemicals in them. Sweet potato is a complex carb, so it will release energy slowly, meaning you won't feel hungry and reaching for something else to eat soon after.
Sweet potato is a great health food as it improves blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes, regardless of their seemingly high Glycemic Index (GI). The anthocyanin (what makes a sweet potato orange) in the potato is full of anti-inflammatory health benefits. They are also full of vitamins including vitamins A and C, B6, B1, B2, and B3
They are also full of nutrients like manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber; all of which work together to keep your blood, digestion, and whole body healthy.
The maple syrup in this recipe also contains 54 antioxidants that help prevent diseases caused by free radicals, including diabetes and cancer.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth nut butter of choice (either almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a small cake/loaf pan.
- On the stove, melt nut butter with maple syrup.
- In a large bowl add the mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and maple syrup, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
- These brownies are best when cooled completely. Store in fridge or freezer and enjoy.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Delicious, Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies That Are 100% Gluten And Dairy Free Reviewed by C C on 19:07:00 Rating: