Adidas To Begin Using Recycled Ocean Plastic to Produce 1 Million Pairs Of Sneakers By 2017


Adidas are repeating their popular line of recycled sneakers from 2015, making a million more pairs.



Adidas partnered with Parley for the Oceans to make the unique sneakers that were made out of discarded plastic waste and illegal fishing nets taken found in the sea.



Adidas only made fifty of the eco-friendly shoes but because they were so popular, they have recently announced that they are going to make one million more pairs by 2017. And if you can't wait that long, the good news is that they are releasing 7,000 pairs this week.
Ecouterre has said that these are the first kind of shoes like it in the world, and all of the materials used were taken from a discarded string of 1,000 coral islands off India’s western coast.





The shoes are made of a knitted upper, made from 95% Parley Ocean Plastic – a patented term for the material. The other 5% is made from recycled polyester. The laces, cap base, heel webbing, heel lining, and sock-liner cover are all also made out of recycled materials.

Adidas have said that their collaboration with Parley will be the “beginning of the end of ocean plastic.” Something does need to be done about this issue, the ocean is teeming with discarded plastic which is destroying the oceans wildlife.





Erik Liedtke, the group executive board member for Adidas, said in a statement:

This represents another step on the journey of Adidas and Parley for the Oceans; we have not only managed to make footwear from recycled ocean plastic, but have also created the first jersey coming 100 percent out of the ocean. But we won’t stop there. We will make one million pairs of shoes using Parley Ocean Plastic in 2017—and our ultimate ambition is to eliminate virgin plastic from our supply chain.

Cyrill Gutsch, the founder of Parley for the Oceans, has said that it is time to act.

At this point, it’s no longer just about raising awareness. It’s about taking action and implementing strategies that can end the cycle of plastic pollution for good.









If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Adidas To Begin Using Recycled Ocean Plastic to Produce 1 Million Pairs Of Sneakers By 2017 Adidas To Begin Using Recycled Ocean Plastic to Produce 1 Million Pairs Of Sneakers By 2017 Reviewed by C C on 10:27:00 Rating: 5
Copyright Organic & Healthy 2016. Powered by Blogger.